- 2 tablespoons of flour
- sea salt and pepper
- 8 pieces of chicken, skin removed (I used 4 breast pieces and two leg and thigh pieces without skin, but the original recipe calls for a whole chicken cut into 8 pieces with the skin. I am sure that that the end result would be much tastier if you use skin but I just couldn't bring myself to leave it on.)
- olive oil
- 5 rosemary sprigs
- 6 cloves of garlic thinly sliced (this is the second recipe that I am posting that calls for sliced garlic. I am not sure why it is different to crushing the garlic, but it just works)
- 1.5 cups of white wine
- 5 anchovies
- half a cup of kalamata olives (recipe calls for pits in but I used pitted)
- 4 ripe egg tomatoes halved, seeded and chopped
- Combine the flour with some salt and pepper and toss the chicken pieces in the flour.
- Heat the olive oil to medium and place the chicken in the pan leaving until a golden crust forms on the bottom. This took about 5 minutes. Turn and add the garlic and whole rosemary sprigs. Don't let the garlic burn, leave for 3 minutes then add the wine.
- Once the wine is boiling add the anchovies, olives and tomatoes
- Partially cover and leave for 20 - 25 minutes on a medium heat.
- That's it!
I went old school and served it with mashed potato and it worked really well.