Heat the oven to 200 Celsius. Put all your chopped up vegies in there with the garlic cloves and a little oil , salt and pepper and roast for 30-40 minutes until they are soft. Once they are soft enough take out the tray and drizzle with white wine vinegar. Make sure you do this while the vegies are still hot so they absorb the vinegar.
Meanwhile cook the quinoa according to packet instructions (3 cups of water to 1 cup of quinoa) and allow to cool.
Once the vegies are cool enough to handle put them on a huge chopping board with herbs and chop up with a big knife. Don't worry about getting it into uniform pieces. It kind of looks like a big mess but it is meant to. Once you have done this mix with the quinoa, season with salt and pepper and lemon juice. That's all!
- 400g quinoa cooked
- 3 yellow zucchini cut into chunky moons
- 2 green zucchini cut into chunky moons
- 2 bulbs of fennel cut into thick slices
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 red peppers, halved and cut into chunks
- 2 eggplants, cut into chunks
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- white wine vinegar
- bunch of fresh herbs, a selection of whatever you have (parsley, oregano, mint, basil)
- juice of one lemon